Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Someone Died Recently

The grapevine is saying that G. H. W. Bush died recently.  I'm writing this because  I think we should, in some small way, acknowledge his passing. It should not go unnoticed, although Bush meant nothing to me and I don't give a damn. I'm just wondering why I haven't seen anything about this on TV. Will there be a funeral?

I'll grant you Bush was no Zachary Taylor, but he did volunteer and fight in the Big One, and he kept his own obligatory Presidential wars short. I once had a brilliant, gay brother-in-law who died of AIDS, perhaps because of the ineffective advice the President gave (Bush advised gays to change their ways). Also Bush invaded tiny Panama and killed several thousand people there for reasons that even the survivors don't remember. There was good and bad, but I hope that our media can take a few minutes to at least mention that Bush, born rich in a noble Yale dynasty, has left us to become a footnote in a history dissertation.

No comments: