Saturday, February 18, 2017

Trump's Secretions

I believe there’s a play about Alexander Hamilton people are talking about. I hope it’s historically sound. If so, it probably contains what John Adams wrote about Alexander Hamilton. “His ambition, his restlessness and all his grandiose schemes come, I’m convinced, from a superabundance of secretions, which he couldn’t find enough whores to absorb.” 

No one is talking about Minority President Trumpery like that. Our politicians have grown soft. 

What do you think John Adams might say about Trumpery today?  I’m curious because my cousin traced our ancestry back to one of John Adams’ aunts. I have a stake in the matter. 


Meanwhile, powdered wigs off to Hamilton. He once said to a room filled with founding fathers that “democracy is poison.” Later he invented the system we have today, in which the country is ruled by the men who own it. 

No comments: