Friday, February 17, 2017

A Day Without Latinos

Yesterday was a day without Latinos, although the local newspapers didn't give it much coverage. In fact, I saw no local coverage, although the boycott must have involved hundreds or thousands of local people, but maybe I missed something. I did notice mention on national news/entertainment shows. They observed that their favorite restaurants in Washington City were closed. 

Something like that happened in Healdsburg, a friend told me. If you went out to eat Chinese, Thai, Indian or Mexican for lunch, your restaurant might be open, but the kitchen (Latino cooks in all cases) was closed. If you asked where you could dine that was open, no one knew. 

I wonder why this event got so little mention. A lot of coverage went, instead, to a single malignant narcissist who believes he is President of the United States. He was raving on TV. 

No comments: