Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Corporate Newspaper

The local corporate newspaper keeps pushing for the election of Linda Hopkins to the Board of Supervisors (which would give them a corporate majority). They give two main reasons: she is a graduate of Stanford and she’s not Noreen Evans, the genuine Democrat in the race. 

I agree that Stanford is one of the great universities  of California, along with Berkeley and UCLA, but why that qualifies a graduate without political experience to be a county supervisor, I don’t know. I graduated from UCLA and, like Hopkins, have never held elective office,  yet no group of plutocrats has handed me $100,000 and told voters to support me. 


Noreen Evans is the real deal, a competent, experienced  progressive with a long record of being focused on helping people who work for a living. Don’t be tricked by the Sonoma Alliance of Plutocrats and the newspaper they bought. Vote for Evans. 

No comments: