Tuesday, May 10, 2016

San Francisco

Today I will be driving around in the city (SF) with my wife, daughter and granddaughter. We will be headed toward a new destination. My wife will insist on driving, although she can't drive around the block without getting lost. That is absolutely true. My daughter will be in the shotgun seat navigating although she has no sense of direction at all. Meanwhile my granddaughter will be in a back seat although she has an excellent sense of direction, and I will be back there beside her--my nose for the correct direction is famous. Those of us banished to the back seat will be there because my science-denying wife and daughter fear the GPS I toy with. Any machine younger than a scrap of paper with a penciled route that leads to Death Valley is something they react to with horror. (Actually my patient son-in-law, who knows every alley in SF, will draw them a good map and hope they make the turns in the right order.)

No comments: