Sunday, July 19, 2020

Atonement

Frank Bruni brought up a topic that has interested me for some time: atonement by the Never Trumpers. I enjoy seeing the best of the GOP hitmen slapping the makeup off of tRump's flabby jowls, but I haven't forgotten how tRump got to the top.

I remember when Republicans called Adlai Stevenson a pinko. And Ike got named a "fellow traveler" of Stalinism. Joe McCarthy frightened my parents, and his boy, Roy Cohn, went on to mentor our current President. William Buckley minced in to put a high Yale shine on the turds of racism. 

That may be too ancient a history, but the current Lincoln Project guys attacking tRump are the same guys who found and promoted the bucket-headed Sarah Palin. She was the primer  that set off the tRump explosion. 

If the Never Trumpers are atoning for their roles in a long slide down a ramp into Hell, okay. But say so out loud. 

No comments: