Thursday, April 27, 2017

Confederate Memorial Day

Yesterday was Confederate Memorial Day, celebrated by two of our fifty states. Last night Trevor Noah asked what black Americans are supposed to do on Confederate Memorial Day. How should they celebrate?  I have a suggestion.

I should pause to admit that Confederate Memorial Day is an insult to my family and any family with ancestors who joined the American army and fought to save the union or free the slaves. 

About 400,000 African-Americans risked their lives in the Union army. My proposal is that 400,000 black people put on replicas of the blue uniform and then march to the grave of our racist attorney general,  Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, and urinate on it. 


I know, I know, Sessions isn’t dead yet, and voters may choose to wait to pee on his resting place, but I suspect that he has already purchased a gravesite or a tomb with a statue of this tiny fellow whipping an attractive enslaved woman. Voters could pee there, or they could just wait. Sessions is shriveled and barely alive. The wait won’t be long.

No comments: