Saturday, January 21, 2017

We Protest Minority-President Creamsicle

I got in my van in the rain and set out from near Montgomery Village. I immediately saw a group of  women, men, children and dogs walking toward city hall, three miles away. People were streaming toward the center of town wearing pink hats, heading toward a march for women's rights.

Meanwhile American border guards refused entry to the United States to some Canadians who admitted they didn't care for Minority-President Creamsicle and wanted to join a protest. 


My brother and his wife, our cousin and his wife and I reached the city hall area and found a crowd about four times the size of the largest protest march I'd ever seen in Santa Rosa. I looked for the Healdsburg Peace Project, but finding someone was hopeless. We couldn't get close enough to see the speakers. We heard a little girl sing a protest song into a microphone, and we joined in. We ended up having lunch at Mary's Pizza Shack. 


(Note: Never tell a border guard in any nation anything useful. Be totally colorless.)


I have no idea why I cannot change the size of the type above.

No comments: