Saturday, August 31, 2013

Boy, Are We Dumb!

I guess I am getting old. The main impact the TV arguments about striking Syria with missiles have had on me is astonishment at how dumb we are. I have heard a few intelligent comments on both sides of the issue, but most of the comments have been dumb. Yesterday I watched Amy Goodman and Bill Richardson debate. Dumb and dumber. Goodman argued that we should not go after the Assad regime because 65 years ago our country had used nuclear weapons. I was dumb with admiration at her dumbness. But then Richardson took the other side, making arguments so dumb my mind went blank, overwhelmed. I can't even remember what he said. I do recall he looked shaken by his own lack of conviction. He couldn't convince himself, which is the first step you take before attempting to convince someone else.

No comments: