Friday, August 16, 2013

Another Facist Conspiracy

In a democracy if you have 70 million voters, you have 70 million different opinions. To get something done, you have to compromise. There is no other democratic option. Yet there are citizens on the Right and on the Left whose ideology forbids compromise. I have, for example, a far-left friend whose ideology has led him to the conclusion that Sen. Elizabeth Warren is part of a vast Fascist conspiracy and the President Obama is--I will clean this up a little--human fecal matter. Warren compromised on something (I forget what), and of course the President has compromised on many issues. I'll admit that the Presidents I have voted for have disappointed me. That will continue unless we elect a leader who has exactly the same opinions I have. Will that happen? What are the odds?

No comments: