Monday, July 22, 2013

Opinions on Every Issue

For Democracy to work, the voter must have an opinion on every issue. That way she can cast informed votes. Yes, it is true I have never met Michelle Obama, but in my opinion she is a good person. Her husband is a weak waffler, a Fascist murderer or a thoughtful advocate of gay rights. I know George Zimmerman is a coward and murderer, although I have yet to set foot in Florida.  Without doubt the Palestinians or Israelis deserve my support. I grasp little about fracking, but I'm against it. El Salvador is a mystery to me, but like Noam Chomsky, I am prepared to tell the workers there which political party they must support to avoid being idiots; I say, vote for the one Chomsky prefers. I understand that he has not visited Central America recently, but like me he has opinions, and he is bitter about them, too.  I would write more here, but it is time for me to go into the next room and listen to Pacifica. This afternoon I must decide whom to support in a three-sided genocidal war in Central Asia. I can do that. I have an opinion on every issue.

No comments: