Saturday, August 18, 2012

Apeneck Ryan

The election season is on us, and I want to take a pill and wake up when it is over. My revulsion, I believe, is based mostly on the inhuman sorts of objects who run for office. Take the animatronic Romney-- he jerks about looking almost lifelike. 

Our nominating system puts forward the worst among us. Consider Paul Ryan--his budget cuts SNAP by 18%. SNAP is a program to provide food for hungry children: the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. 

You can understand why I don't want to see Ryan's brutal features on TV for the next 80 days. He looks like a demented chimpanzee whose matted hair has been carefully shaved to give him a forehead and a five o'clock shadow.

I don't want to hear on the radio that this brainless thug is an intellectual leader in congress. I'd rather not know that nearly 50% of us delight in a lad who literally wants to take food from the mouths of babies so he can grant additional tax cuts to billionaires. 

So, to escape from electoral rubbish for ten days, I will be bicycling in Canada until September 1.

No comments: