Monday, March 1, 2021

How to learn about music

 So the other day we were going someplace, and Susan, who abhors silence while moving,  had the car radio blasting.  It was great music, a Beethoven symphony, the one that has a section that goes dadada dadada dadada dadada dadada dadada dadada dadada,  up and down. I was trying to think, so I asked her to turn it off. 

I am reminded of a famous appraisal of Austrians, who are so clever they convinced the world that Beethoven was Austrian and Hitler was German. 

Then today I took a nap, and Susan turned on the classical TV station after I fell asleep. About an hour later I was awakened by dadada dadada dadada dadada dadada dadada dadada dadada. I let out a cry that I was being victimized by Beethoven, but Susan pointed out that this symphony was by Ferdinand Ries, the son of Beethoven's music teacher. 

Someone somewhere is cheating.  

No comments: