Monday, January 25, 2021

I Am Not Well Informed

 I do not know how much covid vaccine our federal government has ordered or has on hand. Also I do not know how the Feds are dividing it up and sending vaccines to the states. There are two reasons for this. One is that tRump was murderously incompetent. The other is that we have no national health system, thanks to Wall Street Democrats. And a consequence we can only improvise delivery. 

I do not know how much vaccine California has on hand or plans on getting. I don't know how the state hopes to distribute the vaccines.

On the county level, I do not know how much vaccine we have or how it will be distributed. My doctor knows nothing. Kaiser has some vaccine and a plan to use it, but no one else seems able to answer a question. 

The pandemic is now a year old. tRump had no plan, of course. But also our governor and our county health people seem stunned and unable to speak cogently. If we had a system, a  single payer national health service, we might know where we stand, but we have endless diversity in health plans, and the result is that little in this state is going right.

No comments: