Sunday, February 18, 2018

Why Not Vote Republican?

Sometimes I think how nice my life would be if I had no conscience and voted Republican. I'm eligible--I'm old and White. If I were a Republican, I could relax.  

As a Republican I could explain why Black people don't live in mansions--and the answer wouldn't be racism. It might be because they lack the intelligence needed to inherit riches (except, of course, for a few exceptions), but my wife might see that analysis as racist. More likely the explanation is that Black people haven't adopted enough of White culture.  Republicans believe that what holds Black people down is they don't know how to bob for apples. As a Republican I could ignore what is happening to the climate and infrastructure and beaten wives. I could pound beers and let the country be run by the people who own it.



No comments: