Sunday, May 14, 2017

Trump Sits in a Chair

Yesterday downtown Santa Rosa was closed for much of the day to run a triathlon. I had planned to visit my cousin, who lives near RR square, but it turned out that the closest I could get in my car was about two miles away. All roads leading toward his area were closed (as far as I could determine). The perimeter roads were cut from two lanes to one. As I circled around, the roads became more and more clogged, squeezing two lanes into one. Traffic lights had been switched to a blinking red stop-and-go mode. Trapped drivers became frantic and refused to let other cars merge, which is unusual behavior in these parts.

Fortunately I had a bike with me, so I eventually parked on Stonypoint and pedaled to my cousin’s house. At times I found myself in the actual race, as much younger, fitter folks whipped by me. 

The police and race monitors were patient and helpful in getting me through barricades. But who planned this fiasco that badly inconvenienced maybe fifty thousand people? 


Of course, people like me don’t count. I understand that the hucksters in charge don’t give a shit if they inconvenience ordinary citizens. That might be why SNL noticed that, in every chair he sits in, Minority-President Trump kind of hunches forward and looks like he’s taking a satisfying dump.   Take a look next time he sits down. 

No comments: