Thursday, March 2, 2017

Democrats Get Older and Older

I watched the first few minutes of the Democratic response to Trump's latest speech. Then I grew unbearably bored and moved on, as did nearly everyone, I'd guess. 

There was one moment when the ancient white fellow representing the Democratic party said something like, "I am a Democrat, I am a Republican, and I am an American."  To which Stephen Colbert replied, "I am a man, I am a woman, and I am a human being and a dog, ruff ruff."

The multi-millionaires running the Democratic party, lagging miles behind its ordinary voters, can't quite grasp that the party needs new leaders, new voters and new ideas. Many of the rich leaders do not care. The Democratic party is a pot of gold. 

The Clinton/Obama wing can't drag itself away from the past, when everything was right of center  Today it insists on repeating the stale mash that has lost them most states in the union, the House, the Senate, the Presidency and, soon, the Supreme Court. Loss after loss means you are losers. The Democrats should try to find out what people--particularly those who refuse to vote--actually want from the government. What would get citizens interested in going to the polls?


No comments: