Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Ferry Ride

This is a true story. Not too long ago I went by myself to a foreign country, and while I was there I fell asleep on a ferry. When I woke, I jumped up and broke my glasses. I fixed them with white adhesive tape and continued to wear them like that when I returned home.  Friends noticed the tape and cracked jokes at my expense.

Then one day I was looking for some stuff and found my old glasses with odd frames by accident. Okay, the prescription was no longer quite right, but I washed the dust off the glasses and put them on. I thought, Boy, this will surprise my wife, but it didn't. That was three weeks ago, and she still hasn't noticed. Today I thought, You know, Mabel hasn't actually looked at me recently, which is kind of interesting. 

No comments: