Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Peeking

My brother pointed out to me that in Sonoma County I have new freedoms, never before seen, and I should thank Supervisor Efren Carillo, his excellent attorney and a jury of Carillo's peers for them. It is now legal for me to leave my house at 3:30 A. M. clad only in underpants and socks, carrying two beers, and walk around in public to my heart's content. I can tap on the bedroom windows of the women in my neighborhood and scratch holes in their window screens. That's now legal. It is exactly what Efren Carillo did. After two 911 calls from one woman, Carillo was arrested, charged with peeking and eventually tried and found innocent. 

You might want to know on what Supervisor Carillo based his defense. He had three arrows in his quiver, one for his underpants and one for each sock.

Carillo began by telling the jury that he had been drunk on the early morning in question. That was probably enough defense right there, but the arresting officers claimed the supervisor had been sober.  Second, Carillo testified that he had an enormous ego and thought himself welcome in any garb. That clenched his innocence right there. And, third, Carillo stated that he had never intended or done any peeking--he went shoeless outside trying to get laid. Case closed, for pete's sake. 

No comments: