Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wireless Missiles

I lost track of my cell phone charger, so I drove to the Sprint office in Coddingtown to buy a new one. I ended up second in line behind a young dude who presented the two clerks with a smashed cell phone he hoped to get repaired. The clerks told me his story after he left. He had chanced upon his girlfriend in the embrace of someone else, and he'd flown into a rage and thrown his phone at them, missing. It bounced off a wall. The phone was too damaged to fix. Now he was out one girlfriend and $700.  I must have looked surprised, because the clerks told me the young people often have phones in their hands. Cell phones are the right size to throw, and if you suddenly fly into a rage. . . .  "I threw one at my boss once," the young woman clerk told me. "It cost me $75 but it was worth it." 

No comments: