Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snott


Everyone is talking about something Mitt Romney's son said the other day. The son's name is Blapp, I think, but it might be Fragg or Lipp or Glopp. I am not good at remembering names, particularly if I'm hearing them for the first time and don't expect to hear them again . . . ever. Also I tend to mix up Romney's kids, with names like Blipp or Flitt, with Sarah Palin's kids, with names like Targg and Snott.

Romney has a handsome family, four sons, I believe, with lantern jaws and eyes like diamonds. I've seen them on TV. One of them, Snott, was quoted as saying that his father--Mitt Romney--had never wanted to run for President. I suspect that Snott is the same dude who offered to beat up Obama. 

Snott has given us the key insight pundits have been waiting for. Snott explains why his father ran poorly. It's not that his father would refuse to serve if elected (General Sherman once said that). Mitt Romney would not mind being President--he just didn't want to run for the office. I understand that. In fact, I feel the same way. I am willing to serve as President if I don't have to run. Running is ugly work. You have to be polite to idiots who come to rallies waving empty revolvers and you have to pretend that Newt Gingrich and John McCain are quite likable. You have to get out of bed early. You find out that half the voters automatically hate you for no reason, and some of the worst bloggers will make fun of your name and your stupid sons. It's not fun. But you run hard for six years, although you really don't want to, and you destroy the reputations of the other Republican candidates, and all of that turns into a waste of time.  You never wanted to be around so many ordinary people.  You were just being nice, doing the nation a favor. And no good deed goes unpunished. 


No comments: