Thursday, September 27, 2012

I Volunteer. . . .



Yesterday I drove to the HQ of the Democratic Party in Sonoma County, at 701 2nd St., Santa Rosa, and volunteered to staff a desk one afternoon a week. I didn't meet anyone I knew there, but the office manager set me up. I've done political work of various kinds, but this will be my first stint in a county HQ.

Driving home I listened to Rush Limbaugh fulminating about how President Obama's campaign is floundering and failing. Actually it is Limbaugh who is floundering and failing. I love it when the radical right pushes misinformation onto its cult members. They are doing what Clint Eastwood thought was impossible (much like Mittly Romney).
From what I've read recently, Romney thinks himself quite gracious in offering his problem solving skills (as an efficiency expert) to the American people. A major reason he has no program is that he considers himself a problem solver. After he is elected by acclamation, he will take up each problem and find an expert solution. No worries.

No comments: