Saturday, March 31, 2012

Why Contraception Should Not Be Covered

In case you haven't heard the Tea Party reasoning behind their claim that contraception should not be covered in a medical plan (other than the claim that contraception is evil), you might want to listen to my story.

Yes, I know that my mother and father told me that I had been born in a hospital, which implies that a pregnancy ends in a medical procedure, but a close examination of the facts reveals their ignorance. My father was not present when I was born (fathers used to not be allowed near a birth). My mother was unconscious at the time. As a consequence, neither knew exactly where or when I was born. For example, I might have been born in the back seat of a Hudson Hornet in the parking lot. All my parents could report to me was something a doctor, seeking a fee, had told them, mere hearsay.

No comments: