Friday, July 15, 2022

War with Iran

Of course I voted for Biden, although as far as I could tell he had never been a leader or a progressive. Then on Thursday I read in our local paper that he was prepared to use force against Iran "as a last resort." 

My first reaction was to consider if there was a way to take back my vote. Why haven't we learned by now not to make unprovoked attacks on other nations? I did not vote to kill the men, women and children of Iran.  

Later it became clear that Biden's remark had been insufficiently primitive to placate the Israelis and Saudis. Biden was trying to avoid or postpone bloodshed "as a last resort." What he wants is a nuclear nonproliferation treaty with Iran. He doesn't want a war.

If the nations of West Asia decide to fight it out (as part of their social evolution), let's watch from a distance. When they are done killing, we can send in food and medical help.


No comments: