Saturday, February 26, 2022

The Ship Is Sinking

On television I am watching a monumental humanitarian catastrophe unfold, a war crime like the Bush assault on Iraq. I am sadder this time around, perhaps because I am older. 

Ukraine is the largest nation in Europe. Half of my wife's family came from Tetiev.

I went out many times to protest what the idiot Bush did to the ordinary human beings of Iraq. I was safe doing that, unlike the war protesters in Putin's Russia, who get beaten unconscious. 

The Ukrainian President turned down an offer by America to rescue him. He has chosen to die with his country. 

Putin miscalculated, I think. He believed that Russian speakers in Ukraine would welcome his army; instead they are, for the most part, shooting at the Russians. This morning I watched a Ukrainian man kneel in front of a Russian tank in an attempt to stop it. I saw Ukrainian women running for shelter clutching children and pets.  Ukraine is being shredded for no sane reason. 


No comments: