Saturday, August 21, 2021

Recall

 Nearly everyone in Sonoma County who sees this has already decided to vote against the recall of Gov. Newsom and the County District Attorney. If Newsom loses, he will be replaced by a malignant tRumper. If the D.A. loses, the office will be empty--no one is running to replace her. 

I don't care for either of them, but here I am supporting them. 

I suppose history is rich in powerful, murderous sociopaths like Nero or the current governors of Florida and Texas. I wish that what we are going through was unusual, but I've lived through a time that contained the Holocaust, the fire-bombing of Tokyo, many massacres, and now elected officials promoting the deaths of hundreds of thousands of voters. And the warming of the planet. 


(also on Facebook)

No comments: