Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Change the World

Several times in my life I have been asked if David Brooks is an intellectual, which is like asking if Dr.  Jekyll is a physician. He is, but I'd look elsewhere for medical care. I'd look for someone not smirking,

A few days back Brooks told us that it is our duty to fight another 20 years in Afghanistan for people who won't defend themselves. Not having marched in an army himself, Brooks is oddly willing to send my friend's grandson or my granddaughter off to die in the East. 

If you are opposed to tRump, Brooks expects you also to battle the authoritarians in other nations--that would be about 100 other nations, I guess.  Let's get started, David. I will serve in the military again if you will join me and finally put on a uniform. 

No comments: