Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Jim Wood

Some years back our medical doctor opened a boutique practice for the rich, dropping my wife and me from her practice. Fortunately we caught on with our former doctor's nurse practitioner, whom we had long preferred anyway. 

Recently Assembly Member Jim Wood, a retired dentist, got a bill passed that will grant more freedom to nurse practitioners to work on their own. It's now on the governor's desk, and I hope he signs it. We need more people providing service in the medical profession, and my experience with a nurse practitioner has been excellent. She gives more time and thought to her patients than many overworked doctors can allow. 

Like most voters I don't really keep track of what my elected representatives are doing day-to-day in the state capitol. This work by Jim Wood  should be recognized, in my opinion, and commended.

No comments: