Sunday, May 3, 2020

Stacy Abrams

In an oddity I cannot explain, the credibility of raped women mostly depends on which political party the observer backs. Stacy Abrams, one of my favorite leaders and a potential Biden vice-presidential candidate or cabinet member, believes that the women who accused Boofer Kavanaugh and Donald tRump  of rape were truthful but not Tara Reade, who accused old Joe Biden. Abrams maintains that Biden has been cleared by a newspaper, the New York Times, which has so far refused to clear tRump.

Abrams perhaps got that last part a little wrong. The Times' editorial board has called for an "unbiased apolitical panel" to look into Reade's claim. That may be close to a newspaper exoneration, but it's not quite there.


I read the Times daily for 30 years, but I am not a friend of their Wall Street centrism.  I am, however, an independent sort. I'm not affiliated with a political party, so I am modestly nominating myself for seat on the Times' proposed investigative committee. I have the needed qualifications. I am an old white male, and one of my two parents graduated from high school. 

No comments: