Friday, June 22, 2018

The Holocaust Style

If you haven't seen this yet . . . the controversial "I don't care" shirt that Melania Trump wore to visit Trump's orphans in Texas was made by a company called Zara. This stylish manufacturer is best known for having made and sold a fetching Holocaust victim's shirt, like the ones worn in Nazi death camps. The Zara version features a gold Jewish star on the chest, just like the originals, against background of stripes that, in truth, pleases the eyes in ways that the 1940s original can't match. 

This is a fact. 

I wonder how this product ended up on Melania. She is mostly a mannequin, I guess, and a walking ad for Botox, but I doubt if she chose a Holocaust shirt-maker knowingly. Probably the junk was pushed on her by one of the proto-fascists hanging around the White House these days who wanted to promote the products of a Trump-supportive manufacturer. That's my guess. 





No comments: