Friday, March 16, 2018

Walking to Humboldt Bay

I buy the Press Democrat, I'm ashamed to say, to work the puzzles. I no longer read the editorial pages, but maybe once a week I come across a useful headline. I appreciate the State Senator Mike McGuire coverage this morning. Mike is pushing a bill to reorganize our railroad system so it will provide a walking trail from from San Francisco Bay to Humboldt Bay. That's about 300 miles, some of it through unseen wilderness, following the old railroad tracks. 

Mike and Assembly Member Jim Wood are unusually intelligent representatives of the northern coast. I don't always agree with them, but that's inevitable. If I were in their shoes, dealing with the dealing, I would soon be in disagreement with myself. That's the system. What you can hope for in an American representative is someone reasonable and humane who will do the best he or she can. Mike's skills. progressive creativity and energy add much more.

No comments: