Tuesday, July 11, 2017

An Unconvincing Narrative

Colbert made an interesting point last night about Donald Trump, Junior. As you know, Junior has admitted that he took a meeting with a Russian attorney during his father’s Presidential campaign. That was about a year ago.

The meet was set up through a dude who had worked with the President in producing a beauty pageant in Moscow. The pageant had gone surprisingly well—first and second place in Miss Universe had been won by women from Earth. 

Junior next invited two people to join him in the meeting, Jared Kushner (the President’s main advisor) and Paul Manafort, leading the Presidential campaign. Junior says that he did not tell them the purpose of the meeting or who would be present. You have to imagine the following conversation.

“Hello. This is Paul Manafort.”

“Paul? This is Junior. I’m hoping you can drop by a meeting this afternoon.”

“I’m busy, Junior. I’m running your father’s campaign for President of the United States. What’s this meeting about?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, who are you meeting with?”

“I can’t tell you,” Junior said.


“Count me in.”

No comments: