Monday, March 28, 2016

Angela Davis

This morning I watched Angela Davis on DEMOCRACY NOW commenting that Bernie Sanders' analyses are too centered on economic issues. She wasn't saying he was wrong, just that other things matter, too.  She was right in that, but I was amused to hear this reservation coming from our country's most famous Marxist back in the 1960s. That's what people used to say about her.
 

Davis was interesting and reasonable, well worth hearing out. Perhaps we've all been influenced by Marx's description of how capitalism works. That has become part of how even capitalist leaders see the world. But I was never at any point a Communist, because I believe in democracy. No dictatorships. (I'm voting for Bernie, who believes in democracy. I'm hoping this democracy experiment works out.)
 

No comments: