Friday, June 29, 2012

REPEALING OBAMACARE



Obamacare falls far short of what some of my friends prefer, and of course they are right. But to get really good health care, we would first have to repopulate the United States with voters who understand that the strength of our species is our ability to help one another. To those who scoff at Obamacare, I'd like to make this point: if Obamacare had come along ten years sooner, my younger sister would still be alive. Obamacare saves lives. In Sonoma County alone, it will cover about 50,000 uninsured people.


Getting rid of health insurance might be worth discussing, but first I would like  to see us ban automobile insurance, which I seldom find useful, and earthquake insurance--my house has never fallen down in a quake, not even once. Also the federal government insures our savings accounts in most banks, which takes away our freedom to fail in the free market and will somehow--I'm not sure how--lead to the United Nations sending Arabs to confiscate our Glocks. Or maybe not. 

No comments: