Monday, May 14, 2012

Romney's Pathology


Last week I blundered onto the smirking but intellectual David Brooks on my TV, and he told me that Mitt Romney was, despite a certain error he made in prep school,  a nice guy. David Brooks is an idiot. You pretty much have to be an idiot to be a Republican intellectual. (Some medical doctors are doctors but really bad at it, and some intellectuals are Republicans.)

I know a bit about prep school bullies. One of them took a run at me once, and I  hit him in the face and broke his patrician nose. I dropped him. We're talking about the careless sons of privilege like Bush who can afford to drive drunk. Romney was worse than Bush. Romney didn't drink. He led a small mob that threw a student down, and then Mitt personally sheared off the student's hair, while the student wept and cried out for help. Mitt didn't mind that. He claims not to remember it. A run of the mill bully would have walked away once the student began to cry.  Game over. To continue after that Romney had to be deeply sadistic. He crossed a line. To this day he doesn't remember it, probably because it meant nothing to him. Romney lacks empathy. That's why he says things like "I don't care about the poor."  Romney has no sense of how normal people react to comments of that sort.

No comments: