Monday, March 14, 2011

MICHELE BACHMANN AND POSTSTRUCTURALIST NON-THOUGHT

My children started college near the end of the poststructuralist boom that had swept aside rational thought in some elite English departments. I paid tuition, good money, to support air bending English professors who were teaching my offspring that "there are no facts."

Actually the existence of the word "fact" is a fact.

My children easily survived this miseducation, as so many do, by ignoring it in favor of things they found more interesting.

Congressninny Michele Bachmann, on the other hand, remains a true deconstructing poststructualist. Yesterday she made a speech in which she placed the battles of Concord and Lexington and the "shot heard around the world" in Vermont, although most believe that they occurred in Massachusetts. Of course if there are no facts, then where the Revolutionary War began is a matter of opinion. I personally think the war started north of Napa, inside a winery, and I am entitled to my opinion. I feel certain I am right. That's all that matters.

No comments: