Thursday, August 11, 2016

Unforgiven

Last night my brother, his wife and I joined a support group for Black Lives Matter and marched on the Santa Rosa Farmer's Market. I'd never been there before. The market takes up several blocks downtown, and I did not spot any fruits or vegetables for sale. You could buy a paper plate of rice and shrimp or a hotdog.  

Anyway, our group was led by a Latino from the Junior College. We were motley, about 40 people. Some Latinos (young and middle-aged), a  woman from a charity, a woman from a church, one African-American, the Gosses, several junior college students and a young man I recognized as the son of a friend of mine in the Healdsburg Peace Project. We walked to the market and up and down and walked in big circles to music and so on. The second half of the plan was for us to mingle with people at the market and talk to them about why a local deputy (who had shot a harmless hijo seven times, killing him) had been promoted, so the Gosses left and drove to a taco place for dinner. 

Why was this deputy promoted? I saw IN BRUGES. Shooting a child is not forgiven, not by us, not by God.  Sorry. 

No comments: